A Teylu is not a regular meeting. It is a space to be yourself and connect with others. The environment where you choose to hold it should reflect this as well as the way people are welcomed into that space:
- Create a place which brings to life the work culture you want. Teylus are about people. The space should be warm, inviting and without barriers.
- Avoid tables. If you must have tables choose circular ones so everyone is facing each other.
- Do not have empty chairs; if someone leaves, remove their chair from the group.
- Meet and greet people as they arrive and help them join existing conversation.
- Warmingly invite in latecomers.
- Ensure people who leave early are recognised for their contribution and not made to feel bad for having to leave.
- Share food, as much as is possible in the space.
- Think about the light and the music and how this can make it more welcoming and relaxing.